CRIME ADVISORY

UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT POLICE SERVICES

TEXT TIP To: 847411 Keyword UVM

Incident Type

Burglary

Date/Time of Incident

 Between Wednesday evening, October 16 and Thursday morning, October 17.

Location

  Old Mill Building - UVM

Date/Time Reported

 October 17, 2013

Incident Number(s)

 13UV008578

Suspect(s)

Name/age/city& state of residence/description

  Unknown

Disposition

Open Investigation

Investigating/Contact Officer(s)

Detective O’Neil, Officer Sioss

Supervisor Approval (Date/Time)

DC Bilodeau 10.17.13

SUMMARY:  UVM Police are investigating a burglary that occurred at UVM’s Old Mill building on University Place sometime between Wednesday evening, October 16 and Thursday morning, October 17. Numerous laptops were taken from a computer lab.  At this time we don’t have specific information to connect this burglary with recent thefts in the same geographic area, although we do not rule that out.

Anyone who may have seen suspicious activity around or inside the area of Old Mill is encouraged to contact UVM Police.

The Police need your assistance in solving these crimes.  Police Services wishes to remind the community that if you see something” suspicious (suspicious behavior) or concerning behavior or someone seems out of place in a non-public space ask them if you can help and “say something” by calling Police Services immediately.   Police Services needs to hear from you and will either provide guidance or response.

We are reminding the community to secure your belongings and not leave items unattended. Remember: “IF YOU LIKE IT… LOCK IT…HIDE IT…TAKE IT WITH YOU.”

REPORT SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR/ACTIVITY TO POLICE SERVICES – CALL 911 FOR ANY CRIME IN PROGRESS

Anyone with information regarding thefts is asked to provide that information to Police Services. Call 802-656-3473 or information can be sent confidentially by visiting the UVM Police Services website at www.uvm.edu/police or by text to 847411 (tip411) and include the keyword UVM in your message.