IMHO this type of setup is best for those looking to add brakes to Dynafits:

http://www.wildsnow.com/1446/dynafit-binding-safety-leash-strap/

I use them nearly 100% of the time and they are fairly reliable. The zip tie may break when the ski is released (depending on the zip tie you use) but the force required to break it is often enough to slow down the ski sufficiently. I suppose for consistently ripping groomers you might want something more rugged, but for anywhere in the backcountry where loose snow generally prevents skis from sailing hundreds of feet anyway these should be sufficient.

The tricky part here is finding the perfect plastic clasps, which is no trivial task (despite what Jonathan S. may tell you).

Evan