Umm,  K Mart??  Jimski

From: Jim Crowley <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Kmart friday

If we include current, non-VT  Plaidsters, there was this on Oct. 4th:
http://jimcrowley.smugmug.com/Ski-touring/Ski-2014/Cape-Horn-MtnOctober-4-2013/i-nxC29gt/1/L/pics%20019-L.jpg

If it looks like I am trying to lift a heel while on fixed-heel gear, it's because I am. I often find myself doing that whenever the snow is good. I'm glad to have the fixed-heel gear on the uphill (lighter), but sure wish I had free-heel for the downhill (more fun).

Sure was a great start to the season:
http://jimcrowley.smugmug.com/Ski-touring/Ski-2014/Cape-Horn-MtnOctober-4-2013/i-m2fcW8G/1/L/P1180109-L.jpg

http://jimcrowley.smugmug.com/Ski-touring/Ski-2014/Cape-Horn-MtnOctober-4-2013/i-H7tdjVP/1/L/P1180099-L.jpg

http://jimcrowley.smugmug.com/Ski-touring/Ski-2014/Cape-Horn-MtnOctober-4-2013/i-d7mb6Fs/1/L/P1180063-L.jpg

http://jimcrowley.smugmug.com/Ski-touring/Ski-2014/Cape-Horn-MtnOctober-4-2013/i-wkTjCZ6/1/L/P1170926-L.jpg

I went back for more a week later, but snow conditions were worse due to a week of 70 F temps. Fishing wasn't so good either, due to fish apparently going to sleep for the winter already. Hard to find a more scenic spot for casting, though:
http://jimcrowley.smugmug.com/Ski-touring/Ski-2014/Goat-LakeOctober-13-2013/i-S9fXhtB/1/L/P1180348-L.jpg

Looks like the 3 weeks of delightfully warm, sunny weather is ending soon, so the skiing should resume in November.

Jim- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.