Umm,  K Mart??  Jimski

From: Jim Crowley <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Kmart friday

If we include current, non-VT  Plaidsters, there was this on Oct. 4th:

If it looks like I am trying to lift a heel while on fixed-heel gear, it's because I am. I often find myself doing that whenever the snow is good. I'm glad to have the fixed-heel gear on the uphill (lighter), but sure wish I had free-heel for the downhill (more fun).

Sure was a great start to the season:

I went back for more a week later, but snow conditions were worse due to a week of 70 F temps. Fishing wasn't so good either, due to fish apparently going to sleep for the winter already. Hard to find a more scenic spot for casting, though:

Looks like the 3 weeks of delightfully warm, sunny weather is ending soon, so the skiing should resume in November.

Jim