You guys, don't you use your vital records guide books? Section 3 page 9 and
I quote; 1.  "Put the same local file number on the corrected copy as is on
your original copy"   2. "Attach the corrected copy to the original
certificate and re-file them in the same place." I am sure if you don't have
a copy of the Death Registration Procedure's you can print one at the Sec.
of State website. They have them for birth and marriage records also. They
will answer any questions you might have. 



From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anita Bean
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 11:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: corrected copies of death certs


Yes, we shred it.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Sally Hoyler <[log in to unmask]>

Brain cramp time...When I receive a corrected copy of a death cert (within a
couple of weeks of the original) do I dispose of the original? 



Sally Hoyler 

Town Clerk/Treasurer

Town of Ripton

PO Box 10

Ripton, VT 05766

802-388-2266 ph

802-388-0012 fx

www.riptonvt,org <> 


Anita Bean, Town Clerk

Town of Townshend

P.O. Box 223

Townshend, VT 05353

802-365-7300 - Xt. 101