Cool! Well done ya'll.  Too bad the many U.S. scientists aren't raising a
louder voice.  I've been involved with PEER (Public Employees for
Environmental Responsibility) -- originally as a forest lands worker and
researcher.  But it has seemed to me over the last decade that too many I
know are so worried about their jobs, the latest cuts in hours, wages,
people, etc., that they have succumbed to the pressure to "shut up and toe
the line."

I can only look forward (sarcasm intended) to the time when not just 40% of
us, but more than half the U.S. population, are so unemployed or
underemployed that they finally realize it is time...