From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Richard Ohmann
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [radcaucus] business for the rad caucus

Your dystopian imagination is terrific, Betsy.  Having tried and failed to
find some leverage on this issue for 4 years (on the MLA executive council),
I'm inclined to agree that the adjunct problem will become the new normal,
in something like the way you posit, plus the outsourcing of grading and
correcting to Bangladesh, etc.  This will not be a great development for the
tenure track faculty, some of whom will be needed to keep Stanford, MIT, and
Princeton at the top of the elite heap, and to star for MOOCs; but many of
whom will themselves become supernumeraries.  Unless . . . .