Hi Nancy,

The traditional, hold-in-the-palm-of-your-hand counters often can be
found where office supplies are sold.  I just bought one at Staples
(interestingly the box said it was a Costco brand).  They are available
from many online vendors for ridiculously low prices . Search for "Tally
counters".

Cheers,

Ian