From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Thormodson, Kelly
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Anyone opting to use the new ScienceDirect/Google service?

Hi all
I'm wondering if any of you are opting to do this?  I know it official
started yesterday so not sure anyone is on board yet, but we are curious
if anyone is participating in this option to give Google your Science
Direct holdings so that patrons can find those articles via a general
Google search....

From an Elsevier email:
"Recently we contacted you about a program to share your library's
ScienceDirect holdings information with Google. The arrangement is
designed to support access to full-text content for your patrons via
Google searches. We recognize that our first correspondence may not yet
have come to your attention.

Briefly, to ensure that the search experience is seamless for all
ScienceDirect users at your institution, Elsevier is partnering with
Google to help make your library's full-text content both discoverable
and accessible via searches on Google.

With your permission, Elsevier will share your ScienceDirect holdings
information with Google beginning November 20 and will additionally
ensure that your information is kept up-to-date as your electronic
content collection evolves.:"
Feel free to respond to me directly.

Thanks
Kelly

Kelly Thormodson MLIS - Assistant Director
The University of North Dakota, School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Harley E. French Library of the Health Sciences
Phone 701-777-4129 / Email [log in to unmask]
Library of the Health Sciences
Medical School Room 1300
501 N Columbia Rd Stop 9002
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9002

Cleveland Clinic is ranked as one of the top hospitals in America by U.S.News & World Report (2013).
Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our services, staff and locations.

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,  please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

Thank you.