Maria,

We are using quite a few on line programs in our K-8 school.  Our criteria
for choosing these are;

That they cover content that is currently being taught in our classrooms.

We are looking for areas where students need to practice (put in their
10,000 hours) for mastery.

We look for sites using technology to motivate, we would like the kids to
willingly use these tools outside the classroom.  Specifically we look for
game based learning environments.

We require that there be a feedback loop for the teacher.  Reporting and
assessment that can be included in the student's portfolio.

Reading Eggs Grade K & 1
SumDog (Math and Language) Grades 1-6
Spelling City Grades 1-8
Raz Kids, Learning A-Z Grades 1-6
Manga High Grades 6-8
Buzz Math Grades 7-8
Typing Club Grades 3 & 4

All of these sites require the student to log in (required if the teacher
is to get feedback on their progress).  Maintaining all these accounts, is
quite a chore.  The kids seem to do OK having so many logins, but
inevitably passwords are forgotten etc.  Several of these allow you to use
your Google login to authenticate.  We really favor the sites that do that
as it simplifies using these tools for everyone.

Craig Lyndes
St Albans City School