At MSJ the cost of breakage was about 10% cost of the program.  Which meant
that more than 10% of the computers broke, but the cost to fix those came
to be about 10%.   Broken screens were the largest culprit.   Out of 3
years I only had 2 that needed complete replacement due to mis-use, nothing
stolen.

I did learn a few things.
1. Don't expect a sub-$300 device to last 4 years.   At FHU we are going
1:1 next year and I plan to do a 2 year fair market value lease.  This
allows us to replace the devices every 2 years, and not have to pay the
full cost of the device.
3. Loose hinges will destroy a device!!!!!!  This started on Year 2, but
the hinges started loosing.   If the plastic mount breaks because the
screws were loose the device is instantly turned into a parts machine.

*   [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> | (802) 772-0003*
*   Google Apps For Education Certified Trainer*
*My Sites*
 ~ Edlisten.com ~ Educational Podcast
 ~ AskBj.net ~ Online Training and Ed Tech Resources

gClassFolders <https://sites.google.com/a/askbj.net/edlisten-resources/my-resources/gclassfolders>~
Create Google folders for your class.