From: Drescher, Peter
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 1:26 PM
To: 'School Information Technology Discussion'
Cc: Townsend, Brian
Subject: RE: PowerSchool and Vermont State Reporting

Here I am .... enlightening.....maybe.      ;0)))

But seriously.... yes, that is correct.  When Lisa Gauvin was our AOE IT director she worked hard on a pretty comprehensive grant that we did not get.   Since then, Brian Townsend has taken the helm at IT and he worked on the successful grant that we have now for 5.1 mill.    That grant is being used to move forward this concept that Ray has referred to here as VADR.  It is a longitudinal data system and it should work as Ray mentioned with a variety of SIF compliant systems.   It is a system that should alleviate many of the issues that Chris Moody was alluding to in his original post.  The reason, (I believe) that we have not moved forward on fixing the issue at this point is that by the time that fix would be put into place, the new system should be up and running.. so, instead of taking things down and apart twice, the idea is to wait and do it all at once.

Brian  is out on leave but he occasionally checks in on the list here and he might be able to give some further detail on the posting.

Thanks...

Peter

Peter Drescher
Education Technology Coordinator
Vermont Agency of Education
Integrated Support for Learning Division
120 State St.
Montpelier, VT  05620
Ph.: 802.828.5149
FAX: 802.828.0573