We have yet to do 1:1 but on staff and student shared computers we dropped
the extended and accidental warranties that the district used to pay.
Insurance companies are in the business of making money and use actuaries
to calculate costs and risks. We have come out way ahead. Of course 1:1
tends to have a higher breakage rate.

Chris Moody
Director of Technology
Springfield School District
802-885-7921

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Bryan Thompson <[log in to unmask]