You might post this to the Chromebook EDU G+ Community,  many others there who can share 1:1 experience. https://plus.google.com/communities/111885171520981887334

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Bob Wickberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We're getting fairly serious about starting a 1:1 program next year with
Chromebooks.  We'd like to know what experience schools have with the
following, to at the very least tell us how many spares we should have on
hand.

What percentage of the devices fail in the course of a year?  How many of
those are failures a normal warrantee would cover, and how many are due to
breakage?

What percentage of students lose them?  have them stolen?  fail to return
them at year end?

in addition to the cost of the device itself, how much are you budgetting
to procure them, and what are you spending that additional money on?
extended warrantees and/or insurance, cases, apps, what else?

Are you charging the parents anything for insurance? or is the school
carrying any, or are you assuming the risk yourself?

Some of these questions are most pertinent to other schools doing
Chromebooks, but I'd be interested in the answers especially on the loss,
theft, breakage questions for other devices, too.

Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator
802-451-3418