At Flood Brook we used to cover the payment thru the school. We now recommend it to the parents and also let them know that they may be liable for any damages to the laptops, most specifically in the event of non-accidental damage.

Some self insurance places that we recommend are:

http://www.studentinsurancepartners.com or

www.worthavegroup.com
The parents (or students) can sign up with them directly. They seem to be reasonably priced.