At OSSU we use Backup Exec and Acronis. Both great solutions. Full backups
are done weekly and incrementals are done the rest of the week. All staff
and student data is backed up. The biggest backup is the high school with
500GB. CO and all the other schools are smaller.

David Martin

Network Administrator O.S.S.U.

157 Daniels Road

Hardwick VT 05843

Office 802.472.6531 Ext 24

Cell 802.595.2733

[image: Sample Logo]
Enterprise Administrator on Windows ServerŪ 2008

*------------------------------ *

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Ben Leslie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what is everyone doing for data backup...tape
> drive, cloud storage, leaving it up to students/faculty to backup their own
> data?  What about databases and other data that's more IT admin related and
> not faculty/student work files?
>
> When you do full backups of your data sets, approximately how much data
> are you backing up?
>
> Thanks
> Ben Leslie
> IT Manager, BVSU

This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or
privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access
such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you
destroy this email without reviewing it. If you receive this message in
error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to
notify the sender that the message was received by you in error, and then
permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding
to anyone or retaining a copy.