When our tape drive went I configured BackupExec to backup to a folder on
an Ext HDD. Works slick.

Dave

David Martin

Network Administrator O.S.S.U.

157 Daniels Road

Hardwick VT 05843

Office 802.472.6531 Ext 24

Cell 802.595.2733

[image: Sample Logo]
Enterprise Administrator on Windows ServerŪ 2008

*------------------------------ *

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Leslie, Ben <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks for all the input, we used to use BackupExec to backup all data on
> our SAN (including VM images, AD data, and everyone's redirected 'my
> documents') however our tape drive failed and I was given no choice but to
> use Carbonite to backup all 600GB of data.
>
> At 3-4GB of data per day (I'm assuming Carbonite throttles their data
> throughput) our initial backup will be complete sometime in mid February.
>
>  Ben Leslie
> Technology Manager, BVSU
> P: 802-375-2589 ext. 139
> P: 802-375-6409 ext. 217
>

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Craig Donnan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Second on Barracuda Appliance.  Model 390 for Central office only right
>> now.  Support for VM ware allows for backup of the vm image file and send
>> off site.  Will probably be using Barracuda at the high school if approved.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig Donnan, MA
>> Systems Administrator
>> Washington West Supervisory Union
>> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
>> Waitsfield, VT 05673
>> 802-496-2272 x120
>> fax: 802-496-6515
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Mike Kanfer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> At CSSU, use the Barracuda appliance.  We have two- one backs up CVU and
>>> Hinesburg and the other one backs up Williston, Shelburne, Charlotte and
>>> Central office- all through our VPN's.  Each backs up about 2TB of data.
>>> The first time it runs, a full backup is done and can take several days to
>>> protect bandwidth but after that, a file server is backed up in anywhere
>>> from 10 minutes to 25 minutes since it does incremental backups.  We backup
>>> select folders for databases on workstations of admin assistants in
>>> addition to the regular server stuff.  From the appliance, the data backs
>>> up to Barracuda's cloud for offsite storage of our data.  Managing it is
>>> done through a web browser- restoring files could not be easier.
>>>
>>> Mike

This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or
privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access
such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you
destroy this email without reviewing it. If you receive this message in
error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to
notify the sender that the message was received by you in error, and then
permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding
to anyone or retaining a copy.