When our tape drive went I configured BackupExec to backup to a folder on an Ext HDD. Works slick.

Dave

David Martin

Network Administrator O.S.S.U.

157 Daniels Road

Hardwick VT 05843

Office 802.472.6531 Ext 24

Cell 802.595.2733

Sample Logo
Enterprise Administrator on Windows ServerŽ 2008

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Leslie, Ben <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks for all the input, we used to use BackupExec to backup all data on our SAN (including VM images, AD data, and everyone's redirected 'my documents') however our tape drive failed and I was given no choice but to use Carbonite to backup all 600GB of data.

At 3-4GB of data per day (I'm assuming Carbonite throttles their data throughput) our initial backup will be complete sometime in mid February.

Ben Leslie
Technology Manager, BVSU
P: 802-375-6409 ext. 217