Hi - I have one of the $199 Acer c720 chromebooks and I'm impressed. It's the one Raymond pointed to (although I got it from Bestbuy). It seems to have decent battery life. The older c710's do have VGA and ethernet ports that the new ones don't (and 3 usb 2 ports vs 1 usb 3 and 1 usb 2). But they have the older processor that doesn't run as long on battery unless you get the more expensive model with large battery. We have about 30 of the older c710 model and I haven't heard complaints about them.

There's a new ($299) one out with a touchscreen: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/11-6-touch-screen-chromebook-2gb-memory-32gb-solid-state-drive/3026067.p?id=1219085759930&skuId=3026067&st=acer%20chromebook&cp=1&lp=4
It also has a larger SSD (32GB vs 16GB). Is a touchscreen useful?

I'll ask around for more info and opinions.

steve