We use web2school and they have state reporting setups for NY, NH and ME, and they have said the issue was on the state side.

I have no idea if that's true or not, but dont forget about VADR. With the move to VADR, the need for a statewide SIS will be obviated, VADR will pull data from "any" SIS. And there is money in the VADR grant set aside to make sure that will happen (SIF compliance or certification or something).

And I do believe Steve J is right, there was grant for statewide SIS, it didn't get funded (or maybe it turned into VADR)