Yes! I actually ran across this issue earlier in the week.  I assumed it was a temporary glitch with Google Docs and that it'd work itself out, (I don't use templates that often) and we found an alternate way to get our document done.

Ben Leslie
Technology Manager, BVSU
P: 802-375-2589 ext. 139
P: 802-375-6409 ext. 217