Hello US Debate World!

I'm writing to let you all know that this years volume of the Monash Debate Review is now available online: http://mdr.monashdebaters.com/

I'm really proud of this volume, thanks to a plethora of excellent and impressive authors. The issue includes a section the issue of discrimination, and I think has some really important insights to offer to the ongoing discussions in our community about gender, language status, and race. I'd really encourage everyone to take a look.

We also have a section on debate around the world. A couple of the pieces are about developing a viable debate society and community, so I hope that might be helpful to some of you. There are also a couple of fascinating pieces on debate in China and Cameroon, which are super interesting and should help us understand the international debate community a little better.

The final section offers discussion on reform - one article proposes that we should get rid of speaker tabs, and the other two debate the benefit (or not) of information slides. I think there are some good questions for us all to consider, especially those planning tournaments in the future.

And if its nationalism that'll get you reading, America is well represented amongst the Authors! In addition to the two US Editors (Andrew Connery and James Kilcup), we have articles from Shengwu Li, Emma Pierson (both Stanford), Kate Falkenstien (Yale/Stanford), Lilia Kilburn (Amherst) and Steve Llano (St. Johns).

Finally, for long time MDR fans, there is also a new website! In addition to the online version of the print edition that is beautifully formatted, you can now also view - and comment on - each article individually.

Enjoy! And if anyone has any questions regarding the MDR, do get in touch.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

Mary Nugent
(Editor MDR Vol 11.)