Hi All,

I just got home from doing a little pre-CBC scouting and the best bird of
the morning was a BROWN THRASHER on Mountain Road in Addison, about a half
mile from where it intersects Rt 17. It flew across the road in front of me
and landed atop a small bush with red berries. I tried stopping as quickly
as I could but the road was icy and I slid for a ways. I reversed just in
time to see the Thrasher swooping into the thicker vegetation below a
Juniper. I got out and tried getting a better angle on the bird so I could
get a photograph, but somehow I lost the bird while I was walking. I stayed
for another 15 minutes or so but did not relocate the bird. These Junipers
were LOADED with birds which made picking out an individual bird even more
difficult. While there I also saw the following...

American Robin- 30+
European Starling- 20+
Cedar Waxwing- 15+
Eastern Bluebird- 7