I am starting to feel rather sad when I hear these tales.   Will this
oriole make it through winter, will he/she eventually go south, or is
he/she likely doomed?

I have a young white-throated sparrow at my feeder that I was worried about
for a week but the eBird map shows that there are a number of them in
Vermont so he may be fine.

Martha
Westford