From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Subject: eBird Report - Christmas Bird Count(Ferrisburgh)- Section 2
(Button Bay Area), Dec 14, 2013
To: [log in to unmask]

Christmas Bird Count(Ferrisburgh)- Section 2 (Button Bay Area), Addison,
US-VT
Dec 14, 2013 4:35 AM - 4:35 PM
Protocol: Traveling
68.0 mile(s)
Comments:     I birded all day with Dwight Cargill
50 species

Canada Goose  1809     Mostly all migrating south.
American Black Duck  16
Mallard  49
Bufflehead  2
Common Goldeneye  23
Hooded Merganser  4
Common Merganser  8
Wild Turkey  31
Horned Grebe  15
Double-crested Cormorant  1     We saw this bird on the edge of a small bay
behind some cottages in The Basin Harbor Country Club. It was on the shore
edge of a dock and had a lot of ice covering its' body. It went into the
water after a few seconds and headed out toward the open lake.
Northern Harrier  1
Cooper's Hawk  1
Bald Eagle  1
Red-tailed Hawk  3
Rough-legged Hawk  1     Light morph.
Ring-billed Gull  9
Herring Gull  1
Great Black-backed Gull  1
Rock Pigeon  60
Mourning Dove  13
Eastern Screech-Owl  3
Great Horned Owl  1
Snowy Owl  1     We walked out to the point in Button bay State Park and
found this Owl on our edge of the island south of the point, resting on the
rocks. It was a very dark bird.
Red-bellied Woodpecker  3
Downy Woodpecker  8
Hairy Woodpecker  5
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Northern Shrike  1     We found this young bird in a tree on the north end
of the Button Bay Overlook.
Blue Jay  37
American Crow  33
Common Raven  3
Horned Lark  45
Black-capped Chickadee  60
Tufted Titmouse  5
White-breasted Nuthatch  8
Brown Creeper  1
Golden-crowned Kinglet  2
Eastern Bluebird  7
American Robin  225
European Starling  229
Cedar Waxwing  135
Snow Bunting  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler  37     We saw most of these walking the trail (along
the eastern edge of the lake) from the entrance to Button Bay State Park to
the point.
American Tree Sparrow  92
White-throated Sparrow  2     Saw these 2 on the southern end of Arnold Bay
Road.
Dark-eyed Junco  25
Northern Cardinal  13
House Finch  1