Hi all,

Today I had 7 Snowy Owls, (6 in Addison, and 1 in New Haven). Justin
LeClaire  also had 2 in Addison that were different from the ones I saw. He
also saw 5 of the same Snowy Owls that I saw, for a total of 7 as well.
Locations are as follows, with a few photos...

1) Across the road from the goose viewing structure at Dead Creek.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/11539144796/

2) Intersection of Jersey St/ Rt.17 on fence behind barn.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/11539061364/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/11539158586/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/11539168866/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/11539049785/

3) Atop farm equipment on East side of Jersey St. just past sharp left turn.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/11539054875/

4) Atop Barn Owl box East of West Addison general store.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/106350684@N05/11539074925/

5) In field between Rt. 17 and Gage Rd.

6) In plowed field on North side of Town Line Rd.

7) Flew across Rt. 7 (almost smashed into windshield) on New Haven flats.

8)Justin's SNOW: Tree across field at Goodrich Corners/Jersey St.
intersection.

9)Justin's SNOW: Country Club Rd. near Short-eared Owl spot.

Also, lots of Rough-legs and Red-tails around. I didn't count, but I'd
guess I saw between 20-30 today total, in about equal proportions. Other
highlights that I can recall were a Savannah Sparrow at the intersection of
Jersey St/Rt17, 2 Snow Geese (one has an injured wing) on the ice beneath
the NY bridge, and a hybrid Mallard/American Black Duck in Button Bay. Also
lots of Snow Buntings and Horned Larks around, with smaller numbers of
Lapland Longspurs mixed in.

Happy Holidays!
Tyler Pockette