I did see the Hawk Owl in a few different spots between 3:30 and 4pm today after searching for close to an hour.I first spotted it at the south end of the field on the south west corner of Greg Hill rd and rt 100 perched near the top of a large dead White Pine. It then moved to another field further south where appeared to be hunting. I eventually lost track of it as the snow fall and darkness increased. Had fun showing it to a couple of neighbourhood little kids, one of which was insisting owls only come out at night - until he gazed through the eye piece of the spotting scope!
Paul Wieczoreck
Hinesburg