Still there! We watched for 1 1/2 hrs with a couple from Rutland. Driving north up Rte 100 the owl was on the right side of the road south of Gregg Hill Rd. It flew from tree to tree and we hiked into the field to watch it. The folks who live in the house there said that it is often perched in the row of trees right along the road near their home. Happy diurnal owling!!

Susan Sussman
Middlesex

-------- Original message --------
From: VTBIRD automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 12/27/2013  12:00 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: VTBIRD Digest - 25 Dec 2013 to 26 Dec 2013 (#2013-356)

Topics of the day:

  1. Fox Sparrow - South Newfane
  2. snowy owls
  3. Addison Snowy Owl Update
  4. Fox Sparrow- Salisbury
  5. RFI: Waterbury Hawk Owl (3)
  6. Amazing Chickadee fact

Date:    Thu, 26 Dec 2013 09:40:40 -0500
From:    Chris Petrak <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fox Sparrow - South Newfane

In the fading light on Tuesday, a Fox Sparrow appeared at our feeders in South Newfane, just making it into the Brattleboro CBC count week. It was around all day yesterday as well. Photos posted www.tailsofbirding.net. The White-crowned Sparrow also continues to be present at our feeders.

Chris Petrak
South Newfane, VT
Tails of Birding: www.tailsofbirding.net