Dear Birders,

While traveling back from Addison County, snippets of this “song” came to me.  It’s best to sing it (in your brain) to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies. It is a tribute to all the people reporting the Snowy Owls over the past few weeks.  It made it very easy to take people to the owls, and I’m not sure I would have tried on such a cold day, if I wasn’t sure we’d be successful!  It’s what makes lasting memories for kids and turns them onto the adventures of birding!

Ali
Huntington

Come ‘n sing this little song ‘bout 4 adventurers

Eager youngsters known as Hinesburg  Hinesburders.

One cold day they were pining for an owl

Not a common bird we’d see out on the prowl.

Snowy, that is, Bubo Scandiacus, movie star.

Well, parents are willing to chauffer the kids there

But kinfolk said, “Ah!  If only we knew where!”

List serve said, “Addison’s the place you wanna be”

So they caravanned in cars to 17 & Jersey .

Street that is, fence posts, farm equipment.

Tucked against the vegetation on the frigid ground

‘Cross from the viewing area, the first snowy found

Then a couple down the road put on an awesome show

With close encounter fly-bys as we gawked down below.

Wing span that is, golden eyes, raptor rapture.

So we thank Vermont birders for your hospitality

Since you have guided all of us to this locality

And yes, I admit it’s given me the chance

To see eight happy birders do the life-bird boogie dance!

Celebrate, that is, pure joy, BIRDING!