From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah Goff
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 3:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: behavioral health resources

Good afternoon!

The director of our inpatient behavioral health unit has asked me to identify some training modules and/or other canned resources that would help new psychiatric nurses, aides and techs acclimate to the behavioral health unit.  She's hoping these training materials would discuss information related to disease or diagnosis, psychiatric medication, patient behaviors, and how to react/respond to those behaviors.

I've found some resources on the APNA website that might be useful, but I'm wondering if your facilities utilize training materials that cover this type of information.

I would be happy to summarize for the list if there is an interest.

Thanks so much,
Sarah

Sarah Goff, MS
Great River Health Systems Library
1221 S. Gear Avenue
West Burlington, IA  52655
(319) 768-4075

**NOTICE CONCERNING COPYRIGHT**
This material may be protected by copyright law (TITLE 17, U.S. CODE), and is intended for personal research and study. Licensing restrictions may require that a single print copy only be delivered to the end user and immediate deletion of the electronic copy.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.