Good Morning Everyone,

  One of our affiliate hospitals has asked us to find best practice on having a locked unit to protect infants from abduction.  I've searched the literature and can find articles on nursery security, but as far as I can tell they do not address specifically locked units.  I searched PubMed, CINAHL, National Guideline Clearinghouse, Nursing Consult, and MDConsult.

  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Jeanette

Jeanette Stonebraker
Levitt Library (IAULVT, HQ4)
Mercy Medical Center
1111 6th Ave
Des Moines, IA 50314
(515) 247-4266

This electronic mail and any attached documents are intended solely for the named addressee(s) and contain confidential information. If you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering this email to an addressee, you have received this email in error and are notified that reading, copying, or disclosing this email is prohibited. If you received this email in error, immediately reply to the sender and delete the message completely from your computer system.