Sounds like a Snowy owl.
There was just an article in the free press on how many are being seen in these parts due to a lack of lemmings in the far north.

C Goller
On Dec 9, 2013, at 8:40 PM, John Bonin wrote:

I've mis-identified birds before so I will just report what I saw and you can make your own decision:
Sunday morning, while I was entering the medical building, a huge white bird flew over the access road and landed on the ground, across the street from me.  My first thought was: "that seagull is huge."  My second thought was: "what is a seagull doing at Killington?"
As I was looking at it, it turned it's head and stared directly at me with piercing yellow eyes.  It's head was very large and it's neck was wide and bulky.  It looked like an owl, but it was completely white.
After staring me down for a few seconds, it took flight and perched on the top of the Ramshead lodge for a while.
I hope that it takes up residence.  Maybe I can get a picture.

--
John Bonin