I don't blame Mark for not wanting to pay that much for a ticket at Stowe.  Especially with the current conditions.  However as Scott has posted several times on FB, you have to purchase tickets online to get the deals. You could have used your phone to purchase your ticket.

I did meet one lister that was taking advantage of the club days.

Stowe was skiing firm and fast.  Things loosened quite a bit on the gondola.  Perry Meril was skiing very nicely and got better as the day went on.  Around 11AM there essentially no lift lines.   I started my day at 9, took a long breakfast break and left the mountain at 1PM.  Even with such a slacker approach to the day, I still managed to get in 12 runs.