Dear Municipal Officials,

The Staying Connected Initiative (http://stayingconnectedinitiative.org/) is
holding workshops for Planning Commission, Selectboard, and Conservation
Commission members in areas that are crucial to maintaining and enhancing
landscape connections for wildlife.

*Please help me spread the word to the Planning Commission, Selectboard,
and Conservation Commission members in YOUR town! *Please scan the list of
towns beneath each workshop heading (the towns are listed in alphabetical
order, below). If you see your town's name, then please forward the
workshop information (date, location, and time) and the description
(highlighted in yellow) to your PC, SB and CC members. Questions? E-mail me
at [log in to unmask] Thanks!!

-Emma Zavez, Conservation Planner at the Vermont Natural Resources Council

*Green to Adirondack Mountains Linkage Workshop*

*Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014 from 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM*

*GMNF National Forest Service (231 North Main St., Rutland, VT)*

Towns: *Benson, Brandon, Castleton, Hubbardton, Ira, Middletown Springs,
Orwell, Pittsford, Poultney, Sudbury, Tinmouth, Wallingford, and West
Haven.*

*Northern Green Mountains Linkage Workshop*

*Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM*

*Enosburg Emergency Services Building (83 Sampsonville Road, Enosburg
Falls, VT)*

Towns: *Bakersfield, Belvidere, Cambridge, Eden, Enosburg, Fletcher, Hyde
Park, Jay, Johnson, Lowell, Montgomery, Richford, Troy, Waterville, and
Westfield.*

*Workshop Description (Same For All Workshops)**:*

Wildlife often need to range widely to find food and mates: whether between
Vermont and New York, or eastward toward New Hampshire, Maine, and Canada.
In order to thrive, these (and localized species) need continuous forest
cover - which is increasingly hard to find. The forested lands in your town
are a key part of these regional "wildlife corridors," which is why we need
your help!

*Please join us on **to learn more about strategies your town can use to
maintain and enhance landscape connections for wildlife.* We'll have local
experts there to help brainstorm what you can do and how we can help, and
we'll also give away free copies of *Community Strategies for Vermont's
Forests and Wildlife: A Guide for Local Action.*

*These workshops are free and light refreshments will be provided.* *For
questions or to RSVP, please contact Emma at 802-223-2328
<802-223-2328> or [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>.*

Best Wishes,

The Staying Connected Initiative (http://stayingconnectedinitiative.org/)

*A partnership of public and private conservation organizations.*

--
Emma Zavez | Conservation Planner | Vermont Natural Resources Council
9 Bailey Avenue, Montpelier, VT 05602 | 802-223-2328 x114