Yes, I heard that too!  I don't ever remember getting a discount before!

Cassandra
Bennington

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Carol Dawes
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Postage increase for postage meters

Hi all,

I spoke with our local post office yesterday with regards to the postal
increase.  Our postage meter machine automatically updates when there's a
change, but yesterday it showed 48 cents instead of 49 cents.  Apparently ,
the increase for postage machines is only 2 cents, while for stamps it's 3
cents.  So those of you with postage meters, make note and save the penny!

Carol

Carolyn S. Dawes, CVT
Barre City Clerk/Treasurer
6 North Main St.