GOOD QUESTION!!!!!!!!! So Frustrating. But make sure you file your taxes on time!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bennington Town Clerk's Office
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: tax forms

So how are other towns handling the fact that the Tax Department will not send out tax forms in bulk anymore, even if picked up?  We have a nightmare on our hands with the elderly and computer illiterate.  We even tried to have a local legislator pick some up and they were denied!  Yet, a local resident had three booklets mailed to her and it cost over $5.00 in postage.
And that was before the postage increase this week!  Is this really going to end up being the cost savings they hoped?  I really don't want to get into printing a bunch, are any Towns doing that?

Cassandra Barbeau
Assistant Town Clerk
Bennington, VT
Please note new email:
mailto:[log in to unmask]

find us on the web at www.benningtonvt.org/townclerk

Please note that this email message, along with any response or reply, is considered public record, and thus, subject to disclosure under the Vermont Public Records Law (1 V.S.A.  315-320). Thank You.