From: Haas, Kristin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 8:06 AM
To: Town Clerk
Cc: Joanne Bourbeau ([log in to unmask]); Mehlenbacher, Shelley; Haas, Kristin
Subject: RE: Pet dealer permit/Special License

Hi Stacy,

We would like to hold the conference call on Thursday, February 13 from 9 to 10 AM.  Joanne Bourbeau, one of the members of the working group that worked on the language of this law, can also participate then (I have cc’d her on this reply).  It would be great to have a lawyer or someone similar from VLCT participate in order to answer any of the policy or legal questions that come up.  One I know is a question is what constitutes “dogs kept for breeding purposes”.  I do not know the answer to that as the language is vague so maybe it is the type of thing that could be further clarified in a VLCT policy?  Anyway, hope this option works for most.  Will you be disseminating the information to your colleagues in other towns?  If so, the call in information is the following:

Call in number 877 273 4202

Conference room number 3916764

Please let me know if you need additional help/information from me before-hand.  Otherwise, will look forward to talking on the 13th of February at 9.

Thanks!

Kristin

Kristin M. Haas, DVM

State Veterinarian

Director of Food Safety & Consumer Protection

Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets

(802)828-2426

www.vermontagriculture.com