My local library prints forms for people for free from the website, alternately I am offering to help people call the department of taxes to order their books and handing out the leaflet to all who ask.  I will not be printing them myself, but as I said I can direct people to the library which will print individual forms for folks.  Another good resource is the Area Agency on Aging where I know they help many of our seniors to file their taxes.  If you have an AAA I would contact them to see if they have resources for your residents as well.  So far the transition has been much more positive than I might have expected here in Barton, I hope you find the same success, presentation is key and if you present it in a positive light it is much more likely to be received in a positive way!
Regards,
Kristin

From: "Bennington Town Clerk's Office" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:42:10 AM
Subject: tax forms

So how are other towns handling the fact that the Tax Department will not
send out tax forms in bulk anymore, even if picked up?  We have a nightmare
on our hands with the elderly and computer illiterate.  We even tried to
have a local legislator pick some up and they were denied!  Yet, a local
resident had three booklets mailed to her and it cost over $5.00 in postage.
And that was before the postage increase this week!  Is this really going to
end up being the cost savings they hoped?  I really don't want to get into
printing a bunch, are any Towns doing that?

Cassandra Barbeau
Assistant Town Clerk
Bennington, VT
Please note new email:
mailto:[log in to unmask]

find us on the web at www.benningtonvt.org/townclerk

Please note that this email message, along with any response or reply, is
considered public record, and thus, subject to disclosure under the Vermont
Public Records Law (1 V.S.A. ยงยง 315-320). Thank You.