Maybe everyone needs to start calling whatever legislators voted in this bill!  They should know the answers, after all they signed the bill!
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Town of Danville
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: Pet Dealer Permits

Paulette:
Thank you for your input. I believe the kennel license is now replaced by the Pet Dealer's License. Can you send me a copy of the form that you have the owners sign?

Doreen:
I have the same problem here. We have a couple of hunters keeping beagles for their own use and someone with sled dogs. They are not breeders, but want a break on licenses. I am just a little uncertain how to deal with this this year. It goes against my conscience to issue licenses to these people when I know they don't really qualify, but I don't feel comfortable confronting them either.

I have a call into VLCT for specific clarification that I can't find in ANY of the piles of paper that I have downloaded from various sites. The State Veterinarian's office can't answer these questions as they are no longer involved in this licensing due to the legislature putting it in the hands of the municipalities.

If I get any information from them, I will try to let anyone know that is interested.

Sharon