We have quite a few older machines (including many in the 8-9 year old category). Although it would be great to be able to never have anything older than 4-5 years, it's just not realistic for us at this time.

Since we use Ubuntu Linux, we find that the older machines are quite serviceable. Both Firefox and Chrome run nicely on them, so 90+ percent of what we currently do is covered by those browsers.

We're always willing to provide a little demo if anyone's interested.

FWIW,

I\/I ark

Mark Kline, M.Ed.
Technology Coordinator
Waterbury-Duxbury School District, Vermont