Did you statically register the new DNS record and remove the old one ? That is pretty strange unless it still thinks it has the DHCP addrsss (not purged) … I have had this happen with the cheap Linksys access points …

What happens if you grab info using DHCP but reserve the address ?

Bill Clark

Austine School

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Martin
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Sonic wall

Good Afternoon,

We installed a DVR Camera system on our network. When given a DHCP address I am able to access it just fine. If given a static IP I cant talk to it or ping. Gateway, subnet and DNS are all the same. Thoughts?

David Martin

Network Administrator O.S.S.U.

157 Daniels Road

Hardwick VT 05843

Office 802.472.6531 Ext 24

Cell 802.595.2733

Sample Logo

Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server® 2008

This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it. If you receive this message in error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to notify the sender that the message was received by you in error, and then permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding to anyone or retaining a copy.