	*Office of the President
*

	January 27, 2014

/From:/Douglas Lantagne, Dean of Extension and Chair of the Rubenstein
School of Environment and Natural Resources Search Committee

/To:/UVM Community

/Re:/// *Rubenstein School Dean Candidate Finalists*

    On behalf of the Dean of the Rubenstein School of Environment and
    Natural Resources Search Committee, I am very pleased to announce
    the four finalists.

        *Sharon K. Collinge, Ph.D.****
        **Director, Environmental Studies Program**
        **Professor of Biology and Environmental Studies*
        University of Colorado
        Link to Interview
        Schedule<http://www.uvm.edu/provost/rsenrdeansearch/Rubenstein%20Dean%20Schedule%20Candidate%201%20-%20SC.pdf>
        Tuesday, February 4 to Thursday, February 6, 2014

        *John C. Volin, Ph.D.****
        **Professor and Head, Department of Natural Resources and the
        Environment**
        **Director, Environmental Science*
        University of Connecticut
        Link to Interview
        Schedule<http://www.uvm.edu/provost/rsenrdeansearch/Rubenstein%20Dean%20Schedule%20Candidate%202%20-%20JV.pdf>
        Sunday, February 9 to Tuesday, February 11, 2014

        *Nancy E. Mathews, Ph.D.****
        **Professor, The Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies**
        **Director, Morgridge Center for Public Service*
        University of Wisconsin-Madison
        Link to Interview
        Schedule<http://www.uvm.edu/provost/rsenrdeansearch/Rubenstein%20Dean%20Schedule%20Candidate%203%20-%20NM.pdf>
        Wednesday, February 12 to Friday, February 14, 2014

        *Daniel M. Press, Ph.D.**
        **Olga T. Griswold Professor of Environmental Studies**
        **Executive Director, Center for Agroecology and Sustainable
        Food System*
        University of California, Santa Cruz
        Link to Interview
        Schedule<http://www.uvm.edu/provost/rsenrdeansearch/Rubenstein%20Dean%20Schedule%20Candidate%204%20-%20DP.pdf>
        Monday, February 17 to Wednesday, February 19, 2014

    Information about each finalist is available on the Dean's Search
    Website <http://www.uvm.edu/provost/rsenrdeansearch/> as well as
    from the links above.We have an outstanding group of final
    candidates, each of whom is a highly accomplished and successful
    leader and scholar in higher education.

    Each candidate will meet with faculty staff, undergraduate students,
    graduate students Deans, Members of the School's Diversity Task
    Force, senior leaders and others. In addition, there will be an open
    forum for each candidate followed by an informal reception. The
    times set aside for Open Forums are as follows:

        *Sharon K. Collinge, Ph.D. *- Wednesday, February 5, 2014 ~ 3:30
        -- 5:00 p.m., Aiken Building, Room 102

        *John C. Volin, Ph.D.* - Monday, February 10, 2014 ~ 3:30 --
        5:00 p.m., Aiken Building, Room 102

        *Nancy E. Mathews, Ph.D.* - Thursday, February 13, 2014 ~ 3:30
        -- 5:00 p.m., Davis Center, Jost Foundation Room

        *Daniel M. Press, Ph.D.* - Tuesday, February 18, 2014 ~ 3:30 --
        5:00 p.m., Davis Center, Silver Maple Ballroom

    Each Open Forum will be recorded and posted on the Dean's Search
    website. To request any disability-related accommodations, please
    contact ACCESS at (802) 656-7753. I hope you will plan to attend
    these open forums whenever possible.An opportunity to provide
    feedback on each candidate is available on the Dean's Search Website
    <http://www.uvm.edu/provost/rsenrdeansearch/> and this information
    will be shared with the Dean's Search Committee.

    We are fortunate to have attracted such a remarkable group of
    finalists, and we look forward to their upcoming campus visits with
    enthusiasm. On behalf of the Dean's Search Committee, I want to
    express my appreciation for your involvement in the important
    process of selecting the next Dean of the Rubenstein School of
    Environment and Natural Resources of the University of Vermont.

Microsoft Word - Faculty Senate Constitution and Bylaws.doc