[log in to unmask]" alt=""> Office of the President

January 27, 2014

From:  Douglas Lantagne, Dean of Extension and Chair of the Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources Search Committee

To:      UVM Community

Re:      Rubenstein School Dean Candidate Finalists
On behalf of the Dean of the Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources Search Committee, I am very pleased to announce the four finalists.
Sharon K. Collinge, Ph.D.
Director, Environmental Studies Program
Professor of Biology and Environmental Studies
University of Colorado
Link to Interview Schedule
Tuesday, February 4 to Thursday, February 6, 2014

John C. Volin, Ph.D.
Professor and Head, Department of Natural Resources and the Environment
Director, Environmental Science
University of Connecticut
Link to Interview Schedule
Sunday, February 9 to Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Nancy E. Mathews, Ph.D.
Professor, The Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
Director, Morgridge Center for Public Service
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Link to Interview Schedule
Wednesday, February 12 to Friday, February 14, 2014

Daniel M. Press, Ph.D.
Olga T. Griswold Professor of Environmental Studies
Executive Director, Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food System
University of California, Santa Cruz
Link to Interview Schedule
Monday, February 17 to Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Information about each finalist is available on the Dean’s Search Website as well as from the links above.  We have an outstanding group of final candidates, each of whom is a highly accomplished and successful leader and scholar in higher education.

Each candidate will meet with faculty staff, undergraduate students, graduate students Deans, Members of the School’s Diversity Task Force, senior leaders and others. In addition, there will be an open forum for each candidate followed by an informal reception. The times set aside for Open Forums are as follows:
Sharon K. Collinge, Ph.D. - Wednesday, February 5, 2014 ~ 3:30 – 5:00 p.m., Aiken Building, Room 102

John C. Volin, Ph.D. - Monday, February 10, 2014 ~ 3:30 – 5:00 p.m., Aiken Building, Room 102

Nancy E. Mathews, Ph.D. - Thursday, February 13, 2014 ~ 3:30 – 5:00 p.m., Davis Center, Jost Foundation Room

Daniel M. Press, Ph.D. - Tuesday, February 18, 2014 ~ 3:30 – 5:00 p.m., Davis Center, Silver Maple Ballroom

Each Open Forum will be recorded and posted on the Dean’s Search website. To request any disability-related accommodations, please contact ACCESS at (802) 656-7753. I hope you will plan to attend these open forums whenever possible.  An opportunity to provide feedback on each candidate is available on the Dean’s Search Website and this information will be shared with the Dean’s Search Committee.

We are fortunate to have attracted such a remarkable group of finalists, and we look forward to their upcoming campus visits with enthusiasm. On behalf of the Dean’s Search Committee, I want to express my appreciation for your involvement in the important process of selecting the next Dean of the Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources of the University of Vermont.
Microsoft Word - Faculty Senate Constitution and Bylaws.doc