	*Office of the President
*

	January 27, 2014

From: Tom Sullivan

To: University of Vermont Faculty, Staff and Students

Re: *President?s Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award*

    I am pleased to announce the President?s Distinguished University
    Citizenship and Service Award, presented annually, to a member of
    the University of Vermont faculty who has established a consistent
    and over time outstanding record of service to the University
    community. The award is designed to acknowledge exceptional service
    by an individual who is recognized as a true university citizen for
    contributions to institutional building at the University. The
    recipient will receive a prize of $2,500.

    Faculty, staff and students may nominate faculty members for the
    President?s Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award.
    Faculty may also self nominate. A Committee of faculty members
    appointed by the Deans and the Faculty Senate will review
    nominations. The Committee recommends candidates for the award to me
    and I will make the final selection.The attached file contains
    additional information about the award including the criteria and
    the nomination process.Information is also available on line at
    President?s Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award.
    <http://www.uvm.edu/president/facultyaward/>
    The deadline to submit nominations is _*February 28,
    2014*_.Nomination and supporting material should be sent to Gary
    Derr, Vice President for Executive Operations at [log in to unmask]
    <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 347A Waterman Building. Microsoft Word
    - Faculty Senate Constitution and Bylaws.doc Nominations and support
    letters may also be submitted using the links on the President?s
    Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award
    <http://www.uvm.edu/president/facultyaward/> webpage. The recipient
    will be announced later this spring.

    I hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to recognize
    a member of our faculty for their outstanding contributions and
    service to the University of Vermont.

--
Tom Sullivan
President