	*Vice Provost for
Student Affairs
*

	January 13, 2014

TO: UVM Community

FROM:      Annie Stevens, Vice Provost for Student Affairs

RE:             Drina Vurbic

It is with great sadness that we inform the University community that
Drina Vurbic, a doctoral student in Psychology, unexpectedly passed away
off campus on Saturday, January 11, 2014.  The cause of death has not
been confirmed and we have no indication at this time that it was an
accident or that foul play was involved.

Our deepest condolences are extended to Drina's family.  Sincere
thoughts of care and sympathy are also extended to Drina's friends and
faculty.

Information about memorial services will be announced as soon as they
become available.

As is the case when any member of our community passes away, we are
bound to feel a profound sense of loss and responses are felt in a
variety of ways. If you or someone you know is in need of additional
support please do not hesitate to contact UVM's Counseling Center (for
students) at (802) 656-3340 or Life Scope Employee Assistance Program
(for faculty and staff) at 1-800-828-6025.

**