	*Office of the President
*

	January 15, 2014

/T//o/:UVM Community

/From/:Tom Sullivan

/Re/:Jackie Gribbons

    It is with great sadness that I write to inform you that one of the
    most beloved members of the UVM community, Jackie Gribbons, passed
    away on January 10, 2014.

    Jackie worked at UVM from 1966 to 2006 as a faculty member and in a
    variety of administrative roles. She was a pioneer is helping
    establish UVM's Higher Education and Student Affairs (HESA) program,
    still one of the top such programs in the country, and in playing a
    lead role in implementing the University's Title IX standards. She
    is also remembered fondly as a frank but compassionate advisor by
    the thousands of students she helped during her 40-year career.

    As a community, we extend our heartfelt sympathies to Jackie's
    family and friends and express the deepest gratitude for the many
    significant contributions she made to UVM and to the higher
    education profession.

    Memorial services will be held at the annual meetings of ACPA and
    NASPA, the two national associations for student affairs
    professionals. Donations in Gribbons' memory can be made to the UVM
    Jackie Gribbons Fund that supports graduate student travel to
    professional conferences. At Gribbons' request, there will not be
    funeral services.

    For a profile of Jackie and her many accomplishments, see UVM loses
    HESA and Title IX Pioneer
    <http://www.uvm.edu/%7Euvmpr/?Page=news&storyID=17548&category=uvmhome>.

--
Tom Sullivan