Office of the President

January 15, 2014

To:      UVM Community

From:  Tom Sullivan

Re:       Jackie Gribbons
It is with great sadness that I write to inform you that one of the most beloved members of the UVM community, Jackie Gribbons, passed away on January 10, 2014.

Jackie worked at UVM from 1966 to 2006 as a faculty member and in a variety of administrative roles. She was a pioneer is helping establish UVM's Higher Education and Student Affairs (HESA) program, still one of the top such programs in the country, and in playing a lead role in implementing the University's Title IX standards. She is also remembered fondly as a frank but compassionate advisor by the thousands of students she helped during her 40-year career.

As a community, we extend our heartfelt sympathies to Jackie's family and friends and express the deepest gratitude for the many significant contributions she made to UVM and to the higher education profession.

Memorial services will be held at the annual meetings of ACPA and NASPA, the two national associations for student affairs professionals. Donations in Gribbons' memory can be made to the UVM Jackie Gribbons Fund that supports graduate student travel to professional conferences. At Gribbons' request, there will not be funeral services.

For a profile of Jackie and her many accomplishments, see UVM loses HESA and Title IX Pioneer.

--
Tom Sullivan
President

(802) 656-7878 (office)