Office of the President

January 27, 2014

From: Tom Sullivan

To:      University of Vermont Faculty, Staff and Students

Re:       President’s Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award

I am pleased to announce the President’s Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award, presented annually, to a member of the University of Vermont faculty who has established a consistent and over time outstanding record of service to the University community. The award is designed to acknowledge exceptional service by an individual who is recognized as a true university citizen for contributions to institutional building at the University. The recipient will receive a prize of $2,500.

Faculty, staff and students may nominate faculty members for the President’s Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award.  Faculty may also self nominate. A Committee of faculty members appointed by the Deans and the Faculty Senate will review nominations. The Committee recommends candidates for the award to me and I will make the final selection.  The attached file contains additional information about the award including the criteria and the nomination process.  Information is also available on line at President’s Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award.

The deadline to submit nominations is February 28, 2014.  Nomination and supporting material should be sent to Gary Derr, Vice President for Executive Operations at [log in to unmask] or 347A Waterman Building. Microsoft Word - Faculty Senate Constitution and Bylaws.doc Nominations and support letters may also be submitted using the links on the President’s Distinguished University Citizenship and Service Award webpage. The recipient will be announced later this spring.

I hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to recognize a member of our faculty for their outstanding contributions and service to the University of Vermont.

--
Tom Sullivan
President

(802) 656-7878 (office)