After numerous attempts to locate the Snowy Owl at Berlin I met a birding
couple from Williston.  We decided to look over the north end of the runway
near the cemetery and BC/BS.  With excitement we all focused our binocs and
scope on out quarry - only to find that we had located different birds!
The darker owl had an intricate pattern on its back as it roosted on top of
a small snowpile next to the runway lights. A lighter colored snowy was
nestled amongst the taller brush just beyond the edge of the mowed grass.
We observed them at noon and they were still present at 1:25.

Bob Phillips
Barre