They'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre BacK!

Eric Hynes and I decided to race to Shelburne Bay before dawn with hopes of
lucking out with desirable ducks (and owls) before we had to beat the clock
back to Hinesburg.  When we arrived, a few small rafts of ducks were along
the ice edge, the species determined by their silhouettes, and as dark gave
way to light, we could clearly see the Ring-necked, Canvasback, and
Red-head were back!  We scanned the shore line for the Snowy, but that one
eluded us. Also, no sign of a Hooded Merganser.  A muskrat was the sole
occupant on the mammal list!

Good luck to others going for the ducks with red heads!

And thanks, everyone, for the posts!

Ali
Huntington